Looking for products that work? The list below features products and tools that I personally use to create my flawless, frizz-free curls! Please know that these recommendations are tailored to my own hair type and you should take caution before using any new product on your natural hair.
My hair profile: I have long dark brown with honey highlights. My hair is characterized by very coarse, thick strands measuring to type 3b/c. I have low porosity hair and depending on the weather, I need products that retain moisture, increase flexibility, promote growth, and leave a lasting shine.
Products + Tools
- Shampoo – Frequent shampooing can dry out your thirsty locks and curls. You should go at least 3 days or more between shampoos. If you enjoy working out or if your hair gets excessively dirty on a daily basis, shampoo twice a week or substitute by using a Co-wash.
- Conditioner and Co-wash
- Growth Oil Treatment – The key ingredient for healthy hair growth is Jamaican Black Castor oil. It’s a humectant, which lubricates the hair shaft, increases flexibility, promotes regrowth, and decreases the chance of breakage.
- Gold Energy Hair Growth Oil is the perfect growth oil because it features Castor Oil as well as Tea Tree oil which opens the pores and clears a path for healthy hair growth.
- Hair Masks + Leave-in Conditioners – Hair masks and deep conditioning treatments that are rich in moisturizing ingredients help to restore moisture and repair damaged curls. This category I indulge in some product junkie behaviors because I use it the most!
- Tools – To keep curls defined and fine, you need a uniquely designed detangler brush with teeth that glide through the hair, leaving it soft and shiny without tugging and pulling every single time. The Tangle Teezer is a game-changer for all hair types! I will never go back to just a wide-tooth comb or a paddle brush! I also added hair ties that I use for messy buns. It’s slide proof which help secure hair and also doesn’t break your hair off.
- Styling Products
*I will update this list periodically with my favorite products. What’s listed has been tested and recommended based on my personal experience. I always follow the LOCS method.*https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js?client=ca-pub-8208296428295714